The flash movie above showcases the Caption class I’ve created over the years that adds a floating caption to any DisplayObject of your choosing.
I call it FlashCaptions. It is highly customizeable, and can even be customized using an external xml file. Options include:
- changing the caption shape
- providing an image for the caption background
- providing a stylesheet to style the caption text
- providing custom MouseEvent handlers to complete actions of your own.
- apply positioning offsets to change the orientation of the caption